Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chocolate Cobbler

1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-3/4 cups hot water
Vanilla ice cream, optional
Directions

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and oil until smooth. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over top (do not stir). Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm going to try this tonight! I know a lot less than you do about this blog stuff...I didn't even know how to setup a profile (lol), but I know this recipe will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Miss Donna! And, thank you for responding to my blog. When you make the chocolate cobbler - email me with a picture, and I will post it on the blog!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails