Would anyone like a Cheese Stick?
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 cup cornstarch
1 package mozzarella string cheese
- Beat eggs in a small bowl; set aside
- Mix the Italian bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, garlic salt and onion powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put the cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cut cheese sticks in half. One a time, dip cheese sticks in egg mixture, roll in cornstarch, dip back into egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Continue this process until all the cheese sticks are coated.
- Place cheese sticks in the freezer for approx. one hour.
- Fry in canola oil until golden brown. approx. 1- 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered parmesan and serve with ranch, or marinara sauce.
*keep a close eye on them because they will fry up in a hurry*