Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
This is one yummy cake. Don't be turned off because of the mayo. Which makes for a moist cake.
- 2 ounces, weight Bittersweet Chocolate, Chopped (do Not Exceed 61% Cacao)
- ⅔ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-¾ cup Boiling Water
- 2-¾ cups All-purpose Flour (I used cake flour)
- 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1-⅓ cup Mayonnaise (do Not Use Reduced Fat Or Fat-free)
- 2 whole Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides.
Combine chopped chocolate and cocoa powder in medium metal bowl. Add 1 3/4 cups boiling water and whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder into another medium bowl.Using electric mixer, beat both sugars and mayonnaise in large bowl until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with the melted chocolate mixture in 3 additions, beating until blended after each addition and occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
Divide batter among prepared cake pans (about 2 1/3 cups for each).
Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool cakes in pans on racks 20 minutes. Run small knife around sides of cakes to loosen. Carefully invert cakes onto racks and let cool completely.
Frost with your favorite icing.
*recipe from CozyKitchen