Friday, March 26, 2010


This dish is so quick and easy to put together and it has a nice smokey flavor, too.


Smokey Creole Goulash


1 cup Lil’ Smokie Sausages, chopped

1 cup ham, chopped

1 small onion, diced

1 small bell pepper, diced

1 - 16oz can chili beans, mild - or HOT if you feel daring.

2 - 14 ½ oz cans tomatoes, okra, and corn

1 - bay leaf

1 tsp. Louisiana Cajun Seasoning

1 tsp. chili powder

½ to 1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp Liquid Smoke

Couple dashes of onion powder and garlic powder

2 cups whole grain brown rice, cooked

Drizzle pan with olive oil. Sautee Little Smokies, Ham, onions and bell pepper until browned.
In a dutch oven combine the remaining ingredients - except rice. Stir and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add meat to soup mixture.

Stir in cooked rice and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.


It’s ready when you are!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed the 'what I know' post. I'm especially glad I found your blog - I'll be checking back! You have my curiosity piqued now - where in N. GA, etc. Becky G. in Forsyth County, GA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails