Friday, March 5, 2010

Sweet & Sour Chicken



Look at this golden goodness - straight from the oven.



As I was making this recipe. I wanted to add all the yummy stuff that goes along with sweet and sour chicken like; bell peppers, red bell peppers, pineapple chunks. But, let me tell you - this is good just as is. Especially if you are in a hurry to get supper finished and out of the kitchen - like I was tonight.

The next time I make this dish, I will add all those other goodies. So, look for a new picture later on.

I served it with brown rice and my only change to the recipe was, that I added about a 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder to the chicken, before I put it in the oven.


Recipe by: My Kitchen Cafe



Sweet and Sour Chicken



1-1/2 pounds chicken strips
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails