Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peach Cobbler

Today we are having Peach Cobbler.  I haven't had my oven on in a while since it's like 100 degrees outside and has been for several weeks.  But, I got the loveliest looking peaches -  I just had to make a cobbler.




First ....






Sift your dry ingredients.  Don't you like my sifter?  I think it's 20 years old.  It used to have a wooden ball on the handle, but it fell off.  I know that's more info than you wanted to know.  :) 




Look!  It's a snow covered mountain!  I can wish, can't I? :)  *sorry about the glare*






Combine wet and dry ingredients; stir until well combined.






 Put sliced peaches on top.  With a spoon or your hands gently press peaches into mixture, until they are level with the batter.  DO NOT STIR   It wouldn't hurt to place a sheet pan underneath to catch any spills.






Serve with vanilla ice cream!


Georgia Peach Cobbler

Dry Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 
------------------------
Wet Ingredients
1 stick butter, softened 
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
_______________

5 cups fresh peaches, sliced

Sift dry ingredients in a baking dish, add the wet ingredients; mixing well.  Place sliced peaches on top.  Do not stir peaches in mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails