Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Avocado Mask for your Hair

AvocadoImage via Wikipedia


















I told you that I'd post something healthy!   Although, this is for your hair.  :)

Do you have an avocado and olive oil?

Here's the recipe for soft, silky hair.


Blend 1 ripe avocado & 1/2 tsp of olive oil until smooth, then work mixture into damp hair with comb. (or with your hands)  Pop on a plastic shower cap, (or wrap hair in plasticwrap) and let sit 30 min.

Rinse and shampoo as usual.


From: First for Women Magazine


*The avocado's abundant vitamin E and essential fatty acids will nourish damaged hair and leave it smooth and silky.*


My Testimonial 

Oh my gosh!  There is nothing like the feeling of smashed up avocado on your head. It's ooey -gooey, squishy, mushy, nasty and gross ... you get the idea.   :)   ICK!  Just be sure not to accidentally drop some on the bathroom floor.  It doesn't look that good - if you know what I mean.  YIKES!






Pros: It does leave your hair very smooth, sleek and silky.  I'm actually very impressed! Will I use it again? Yes!


Cons: It's very messy and it looks gross.  I've never liked the way guacamole looks, so what can I say?? hee-hee!




TIP!   Be sure to Puree the avocado until it's very smooth, and just when you think it's smooth enough... pulse it a time or two more.  JUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO CLUMPS!  




I will never buy a deep conditioner again!!  Just use avocados and olive oil!  Deep conditioning at it's best for about a buck.


Reflecting back:  When I was young, many moons ago, my mother would drench her hair in olive oil and wrap it up with saran wrap.  I laughed. Only because,  I really couldn't understand why she did it.   Boy, if she could have seen me tonight.  HAH!   I know now - hair tends to get dryer as we age. :)

I'm calling her tomorrow and telling her my new found secret.  I think she'll return the laugh!












Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails